Lemon Risotto with Margherita® Prosciutto and Shrimp
Julienned Margherita prosciutto with buttery shrimp mixed with freshly grated Romano cheese and a twist of lemon.
- 1 quart hot chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots or red onion
- 8 ounces sliced and julienned Margherita® prosciutto
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 pound risotto
- Zest of one lemon
- Lemon juice from one lemon
- 1 cup dry white wine (Pinot Grigio)
- 1 pound 26-30 count raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces fresh grated romano cheese
- fresh arugula for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat chicken stock in separate pan.
- In large 4 quart pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Sauté shallots and prosciutto for 3 minutes. Add garlic, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Turn up heat to Medium-High. Add rice and lemon zest, cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add lemon juice and wine until reduced.
- Add one 8 oz. ladle chicken stock until absorbed. Keep the rice at just a simmer, continue process for 10-15 minutes. Add shrimp before last ladle of stock.
- Add butter and Romano cheese, stir in well. Place in serving bowl and top with fresh arugula and parsley.
Try these other great recipes from Benucci’s Restaurant
Pepperoni on Focaccia with Sun-Dried Tomato Olio
Scallops Di Prosciutto