Margherita® Capicola Chicken Cordon Romanello
Lightly breaded chicken, capicola ham slices, fettuccini and gruyere cheese come together in perfect harmony to create an unforgettable taste experience.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloin
- 8 ounces Margherita® hot capicola ham slices (cut into 6-8 thin strips each)
- 2 cups seasoned flour
- 12 ounces gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces sherry wine
- 1 pound cooked fettuccini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets, cooked
- Heat oil in a sauté pan. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour. Sear the chicken in hot oil over medium high heat, searing both sides. Remove from pan when golden brown.
- To the pan, add garlic and shallots. Cook until tender. Add Margherita capicola, cook for 1-2 minutes; deglaze the pan with sherry wine. Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Place chicken back into the pan and simmer for 4-6 minutes until chicken is cooked. Add broccoli, gruyere cheese and stir until cheese is melted and incorporated into the cream.
- Add cooked pasta and stir well.