Pizza with Margherita® Capicola Ham, Grilled Peaches and Gorgonzola Cheese
Tired of the same old pizza? Try this sensational Carbone’s recipe featuring juicy, marinated grilled peaches, capicola ham and gorgonzola cheese.
- 3 fresh, ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 2-3 leaves each of fresh basil, mint and sage, chopped
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 ounce fresh ground black pepper
- 3-4 ounces red wine (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces pizza (bread) dough - (store bought will work fine)
- 4 ounces Margherita® capicola ham, sliced thin
- 1 cup imported or domestic gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- In a large zip lock style plastic bag, combine peach halves, fresh herbs, salt, pepper, red wine, garlic, and 1/2 the olive oil. Seal bag and let marinate for at least 1 hour moving bag around every 15 minutes or so.
- Heat a grill-pan on stove, remove peaches from bag and place on grill-pan cut side down. Let peaches cook until grill marks are well developed. Flip and do the same to the other side. Remove from grill-pan, let cool then cut into thin slices. Discard leftover marinade.
- Preheat oven to 400° F with rack in center position. On a floured board or counter, roll out pizza dough to a 6 and 8 inch circle. Place dough on a baking sheet that’s been lightly coated with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and lightly coat top of dough with olive oil.
- Arrange sliced capicola ham into an even layer, then do the same with the peach slices on the ham. Spread gorgonzola cheese evenly over pizza and place back in oven for approximately 8-10 minutes until gorgonzola cheese melts and ham begins to curl.
Try these other great recipes from Benucci’s Restaurant