Pork Involtini with Margherita® Capicola, Sherry and Apricots
As beautiful as it is delicious, this unique pork and capicola dish is topped with a luscious sherry demi-glaze sauce and bursting with flavor.
- 12 slices (2 pounds) of sliced pork cutlets from boneless pork loin, pounded lightly
- 12 slices Margherita® Capicola
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup demi-glaze, store bought or make your own
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 dry apricots, thinly sliced
- 1 Sprig of fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dry Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Lay out all of the pork cutlets top each with a piece of Margherita® capicola. Roll up the pork cutlets and secure with a tooth pick.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large heavy‑bottom skillet. Once hot, add the pork involtini and cook until golden on each side. Remove from skillet.
- Add the walnuts, sherry, demi-glaze and chicken stock to de-glaze the skillet.
- Return the pork rolls to the skillet and continue cooking. Reduce by half until the sauce is thick and the pork is tender, about 6 minutes. Add dry apricots and rosemary. Blend well with sauce. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Place pork rolls on the plate and remove toothpicks. Drizzle with remaining sauce.
Try these other great recipes from Benucci’s Restaurant