Ricotta & Margherita® Salami Manicotti
Just combine Margherita® Genoa Salami with ricotta, romano and mozzarella cheeses, Italian spices and more to create the perfect twist on this classic family favorite.
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces deli Margherita® Genoa Salami, sliced 1/8-inch thick, slices chopped*
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley, divided
- 12 manicotti pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 (24 to 26 ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine ricotta cheese, salami, Romano cheese and 1/4 cup of the basil; mix well. Spoon mixture into uncooked manicotti shells.
- Combine pasta sauce and water; spoon 1 cup of the mixture in bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange manicotti shells over sauce; spoon remaining sauce over shells covering completely.
- Cover dish with foil; bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until pasta is tender when pierced with a knife. Uncover; top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven; bake 10 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Top with remaining 1/4 cup basil.