Veal Pillows with Margherita® Capicola
Seared capicola ham, garlic, shallots and whole milk mozzarella rest atop lightly breaded, melt-in-your-mouth veal cutlets for a dish that’s guaranteed to delight and impress.
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 4 4oz veal cutlets
- 2 cups seasoned flour
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 lemons (halved and juiced)
- 2 ounces fresh chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 8 slices Margherita® hot capicola ham
- 4 slices whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces roasted yellow peppers (julienne strips)
- Heat oil in saute pan on medium-high heat. Dredge veal cutlets in seasoned flour and place in saute pan. Sear both sides and remove from pan.
- Add garlic, shallots and Margherita® capicola. Sear the capicola on both sides, then take it out and put a slice on top of each of the veal cutlets. Continue to cook the garlic and shallots until they are tender, but not browned.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, lemon juice and parsley. Return the veal cutlets to the pan, add butter then simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Layer the veal cutlets and capicola with mozzarella slices and simmer until cheese is melted.
- Plate, stacking two cutlets on top of each other, and pour pan sauce over the layered veal. Garnish with roasted yellow pepper strips.