Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
Plump button mushrooms overflowing with smoked provolone chees, fresh red bell peppers and savory little bites of finely chopped Margherita® pepperoni.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes: 12 servings
- 24 large button or crimini mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons light or regular Caesar or Italian salad dressing
- ½ cup finely chopped Margherita Sliced Pepperoni (from an 8 ounce package)
- ¼ cup finely chopped smoked mozzarella or Provolone cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped drained bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons panko or dry breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, remove mushroom stems from mushrooms; reserve for another use. Brush dressing over mushroom caps; place stemmed sides up in a foil-lined 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine pepperoni, cheese, peppers, breadcrumbs and oregano; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps mounding as needed. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm or at room temperature.