Heres a new, easy and attractive way to serve a favorite appetizer. The creamy cheese mixture and tang of capers combine with the robust flavor of Genoa salami and a hint of fresh basil for a sensational starter.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 12 servings
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (½ of an 8 ounce package)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese or shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 24 thin deli-sliced Margherita® Deli Genoa Salami
- 24 yellow or red cherry or grape tomatoes, or a combination of yellow and red
- Combine cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, capers and basil, mixing well.
- Spread 1 teaspoon cheese mixture over center of each slice of salami. Place one tomato in center of cheese. Gather up salami around cheese and tomato, forming a rosette and pressing lightly to hold shape.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving to guests.