Sun Dried Tomato & Salami Bruschetta
Diced Margherita® Genoa salami, smoked gouda cheese, chopped calamata olives and zesty seasoning make for a light yet satisfying appetizer.
Prep Time: 10
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Makes: 12 servings
- 1 (10 ounce, 12-inch long) loaf French bread baguette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup finely diced thickly sliced deli Margherita® Genoa or Hard Salami (2 ounces)*
- ¼ cup finely chopped drained sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- ¼ cup finely diced smoked Provolone or smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pitted calamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley
- Heat oven to 375°F. Cut bread crosswise into ½-inch thick slices; arrange on a baking sheet. Combine oil and garlic; spoon over bread slices. Bake about 15 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, combine salami, sun dried tomatoes, cheese, olives and basil; mix well and set aside. (If mixture seems dry, add 1 teaspoon oil from bottled sun dried tomatoes). Just before serving, spoon salami mixture over toasts. Makes 12 servings (about 24 pieces).