|S M L|
Pumpkin Ravioli with crispy Margherita® Prosciutto
Savory Margherita® Prosciutto over pumpkin ravioli with sautéed garlic, mushrooms and pine nuts in a rich buttery Amaretto sauce.
- ¼ cup cubed Margherita® Prosciutto
- ½ pound of ravioli (preferably pumpkin or butternut squash)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove fresh garlic, sliced thin
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 leaves of fresh sage
- 1 ounce of pinoli (pine) nuts
- 1½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto Liqueur
- ⅓ cup sliced bowl mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the pine nuts on a cookie tray, place in oven for 5-8 minutes at 350 until lightly browned.
- Separately, place ravioli in large pot of boiling water, cook to package instructions, about 8-10 minutes. Sift out with large draining.
- Separately, in sauce pan, sauté olive oil, garlic and mushrooms for 1-2 minutes. Add Margherita® Prosciutto.
- Sauté until garlic and prosciutto are light brown then add Amaretto, allowing it to flame/burn off, then add the butter.
- Once butter is melted, add chicken stock. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat and add baked pinoli nuts.
- Ladle out sauce onto ravioli in pasta dish, garnish with fresh sage (may also fry sage leaves to crispy for garnish)