This an authentic Italian grilled sandwich - filled with full-bodied salami, creamy cheese on sourdough bread - is so easy to make, you’ll serve it to family and guests.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices Provolone or smoked Provolone cheese
- 4 ounces sliced Margherita® Hard or Genoa Salami
- 1 tablespoon coarse grained or Dijon mustard
- 2 (¼ inch) slices large tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Spread butter or brush olive oil over one side of each slice bread. Turn two slices bread over; top with 2 slices cheese, the salami, mustard, tomato slices, basil if desired and remaining 2 slices cheese. Close sandwiches with remaining bread buttered sides up.
- Cook sandwiches in a preheated Panini maker or well oiled waffle maker for 3 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.*